I wrote this post late last year and feel it is so relevant to recognise the women in our lives everyday. International Women’s Day 2019 seems an appropriate time to share it again, to remind ourselves that Women’s Rights matter and gender equality still has much progress to make.. (Link below)
Today I have a really easy recipe to share with you. With the year moving back into a full rhythm of classes, commuting and all of life’s extra demands, I had been looking around for something to fuel my body during the hectic times. The times when I just really needed to grab something and run out the door. It needed to provide energy, be nutritious and actually worth me putting in my body. The bars are really easy to make (my daughter actually made these ones!) and they call for things that are often found in our pantry. What could be even more appealing? They are no-bake! Perfect for these sweltering hot days we are having in Melbourne at the moment.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
No-Bake Muesli Bars
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 tbs chia seeds
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g good quality dark chocolate
1. Line a brownie tin with baking paper.
2. Combine the dry ingredients (oats, seeds, nuts) in a bowl.
3. In a saucepan over low heat, melt the coconut oil with the honey. Allow to cook for a couple of minutes until golden. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.
4. Pour the warm honey mixture into the dry ingredients and stir well. Spoon into the lined tin and press down the mixture firmly. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until set.
5. Melt the chocolate (microwave medium heat 1 minute bursts, stirring between) and spread over the muesli mix. Return the slice to the fridge to allow the chocolate to set.
6. Cut into squares or rectangles and store either in the fridge for one week or in the freezer for 3 weeks.